Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Conversations I am not having



Here is an example of a conversation I used to be involved in on a regular basis. I am glad not to be involved in it any longer.

I do not say this smugly, as if I am above this kind of conversation, for I am not. I am not above it; I am simply tired of it. I know that no person or church is above elevating trvia to doctrine. I actually really like how Patrick makes his case and know that what he is saying is by no means trivial, but I am relieved that I am no longer compelled to make a difference in this conversation.
I am glad that other people are having the conversation.
I have spent 20 years having this conversation and still the same conversation is being had. Maybe I am impatient. Perhaps I am disloyal. Maybe I am just a wimp. Whatever the case, I am glad to be, for the first time ever, an outsider to this conversation.
God bless all of you patient enough to engage in this kind of talk. Keep it up and make some progress.

1 comment:

Keith Brenton said...

Is it still a sin to envy someone, Fajita?