Pages

Friday, June 15, 2007

15 years and they're still good

I have a few CDs that are over 15 years old. A few of those I listen to maybe a couple times a year. The songs are powerful, meaningful, and not only take me back, but push me ahead. I think good music does that.

Sometimes I listen to the classic rock station and a song will trigger a memory, but that is not what I am talking about with the following three CDs.

Here are 3 CDs over 15 years old that I am still moved by.

1. Of course, The Joshua Tree, by U2 1987.
Best song: "I Still Haven't found What I'm looking For"

2. The Indigo Girls self titled album from 1989.
Best Song: "Prince of Darkness"

3. Never Picture Perfect, by Rich Mullins 1989.
Best Song: "Bound To Come Some Trouble"

If you know this music, then you know something about the deepest part of me. You know I'm often conflicted, looking for relief and not finding it, defiant, hopeful, like to find light through darkness, and a whole lot more.

What do you still listen to after 15 years?

3 comments:

MADMAN said...

Nirvana's Nevermind, The Clash's London Calling, and Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited, which was released in 1965 -- three years before I was born!

Fajita said...

Nirvanna is 15 years old? Oh no.

Yes, I just looked it up - it does squeak in with its 1991 release.

Keith Brenton said...

Actually, I have to confess that I still like to listen to Jesus Christ: Superstar ... after 34 years.