Pages

Friday, October 07, 2005

Zoe Conference I

If you weren't there, oh man, you missed it. Art, drama, worship, scripture, preaching - Jesus. Let me try to help fill you in.

The best part of the night, bar none, was Donna Hester's incredible drama. She portrayed six women in the genealogy of Jesus from the book of Matthew. Somehow she integrated Rolling Stones music, Jerry Springer, World War II, ironing, hanging clothes out to dry, and a bunvh of stuff with Eve, Ruth, Tamar, Rahab, Bathsheba, and Mary. You will have tears if you get the chance to see it.

Mike Cope retold the Sermon on the Mount in way that could not be legalized.

The worship was strong, moving, and Jesus honoring.

7 comments:

Donna G said...

I would just flip the order. I LOVED Mike's retelling of the Sermon on the Mount. And I loved the drama... We are already planning on finding a way to make it ours...

Hope I get to meet you today.

Gem said...

Oh, my goodness,was that awesome or not!!! As a dramatist, I was dreading a 'skit'. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised.

David U said...

Good to visit with you via cell phone, brother! Keep Craig in line! Sounds like an AWESOME time of worship together.

Gotta get you to Malibu! :)

DU

Sprittibee said...

Tag, You're It. :)

Donna G said...

It was great to meeet you Saturday morning and put a face with the name. The rest of the conference was just as wonderful for me, hope it was for you too.

MichaelPolutta said...

Somehow I missed meeting the blog troops. I was there - but never spied the Krispy Kreme box! I didn't know where in the tent you folks were. Oh, well. It was a great conference, and we were blessed to be there.

Maybe next time...

Gem said...

Oh, my goodness,was that awesome or not!!! As a dramatist, I was dreading a 'skit'. Boy, was I pleasantly surprised.