Pages

Monday, April 03, 2006

Last Laugh

That last thing I know for sure my father heard before he died was the follwoing joke, at which he laughed pretty hard. (Warning PG 13 content)
-----------------------------------------

So a guy walks into a bar carrying a brown sack and sits down next to another guy. They each enjoy a drink when the first guy says, "hey buddy, you want to see something?"

"Sure," the second guy responds.

The first guy pulls out a miniature grand piano from the sack and sets it on the bar. The paino was no larger than a basketball.

"Wow," says the other guy, "that is really a beaituful piano. I am really impressed."

"Thanks," says the first guy, "do you want to see something else that's pretty cool?"

"Of course."

The first guy pulls out a miniature piano bench and sets it right in front of the piano.

"My goodness," says the other guy,"the craftsmanship on these pieces is amazing - so detailed."

Noticing how impressed the other guy is, the first man says," Well, would you like to see something even more amazing?"

"Of course," says the other guy enthusiastically.

The first guy reaches into the sack pulls out a 12 inch man - a real live man who is wearing a formal tuxedo. This little man promptly sits down at the piano and begins to play.

"What in the world?" says the other man in amazement, "I can't believe my eyes. How could this be. I wouldn't believe it if I weren't seeing it for myself. How did you do this? Where did you get this little man and paino?"

"Do you really want to know?" asked the first man.

"Of course, this is amazing," answered the other guy.

The first guy reached into the sack again and pulled out an old oil lamp.

"Is that a magic lamp?" asked the other guy.

"Yes, but..."

Before the guy could finish his answer, the other guy grabbed the lamp and began to rub it saying, "I wish for a million bucks."

After a few seconds they heard an enormous crash of thunder from just outside the bar followed by what kind of sounded like quacking. So the two men went to the door to what had happened. When they opened the door, they saw the streets covered in ducks - one million ducks.

"No, no, this isn't right!" exclaimed the first man, "I wished for a million bucks."

"Yeah right," said the first man," do you really think I wished for a 12 inch pianist?"

4 comments:

Donna G said...

Laughing my head off....

believingthomas said...

keep em coming.

Greg Brooks said...

Chris, I love you man.

David U said...

Oldies but goodies.......they never wear out! :)

DU