Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

40 Days of Fat & Commercial Song

It is that time of year again when men and women who have accrued certain habits and the consequences therein join together for one cause. They unite in the war against fat. For those of you who are not familiar with 40 Days of Fat, it is not merely a "get healthy" physically initiative, but it carries with it a "get healthy" spiritually component. So, 40 Days of Fat encourages people to lose weight, exercise, and get fit with dollar amounts attached to successes. For example, "I will give $1.00 (or whatever amount) per pound lost(miles jogged, minutes worked out, tennis matches played, belt/dress size reduced etc) to _________"

Starting May 1st, 2006, the next incarnation of 40 Days of Fat will begin right here at Straying With The Truth.

On this go around I am supporting church planting. I told you in an earlier post about a friend and colleague of mine who is investigating church planting. His name is Greg Brooks and he is married to Carolyn Brooks. They are working with this organization and this church to go further into investigating God's will for their church planting future.

I would like you to join me in this effort. All 40 Days of Fat posts will appears on this blog. Whereas once upon a time I was in blog expansion mode, I am not in blog consolidation mode.
---------------------------------------------------
I am sure many of you are curious about what song is being played on the Chase credit card commercials where the lyrics take the singer through various stages of life following the kinds of credit cards you can get for that stage fo life.

The band is named Five For Fighting. The song is called "100 Years." The CD is entitled, "The Battle For Everything."

The cd is here.

There, now you can quit wondering what that song is.

3 comments:

Donna G said...

I am with you! Seems we are on the same cycle in our "fat-fighting" life. I just today said to myself, I said "self. It is time to get this weight back off, I wonder when Chris will do his next FDF!" and here you are!

Fajita said...

Donna, we're tracking.

Fajita said...

Donna, we're tracking.