Pages

Monday, January 02, 2006

Update: 2005 BlogCoC Awards

Nominations are still rolling in for the 2005 Blog series or topic from Church of Christ bloggers or about Churches of Christ. Now, just so everyone knows, the prestige involved with winning or even being nominated for a 2005 BlogCoC is on par with the award I once won at Flaming Pine Youth Camp which was the "Fastest Thing on Four Feet" award - Black Shaprie on White paper plate. Apparently I won this award before I was recognized as a human. I believe it was camp policy that everyone got an award.

So, if you have been nominated and feel a welling sense of pride for your blogging skills or e-notoriety, please consider calling Dr. Laura or appearing on Dr. Phil and tell them about your past. That ought to settle down your overactive sense of self-importance :-)

This post is up to date, so far as I know, on nominations sent my way. Nominations will close at midnight, Jan 6th, 2006 Central Standard Time. Voting will being shortly thereafter. I am still working out a "how-to" on voting. I want it to be easy and intuitive.

If you have a nomination, please make it in the comments section or e-mail me.

You may or may not be familiar with the series or topics nominated. I have linked Series as best I can and to the main pages of the bloggers. For the Topics I linked no one since they were created by the blogging of many.

Here are the current Nominations:

Series:
1. Emerging Church of Christ - Wade Hodges
2. Smells Like Church Spirit - Chris Gonzalez
3. The Influence of Creation and Eschatology on Worldview and Mission. - Adam Ellis
4. The Poetry of the Trinity - Phil Wilson
5. The Little Box - Bobby Cahoon
6. The Seamy underbelly of preahcing (and blogging?) - Bren Hughes
7. David - John Alan Turner
8. Liberation from Family Pain - Thomas Stewart
9. Katrina and Church Ordeals - John Dobbs
10. There Goes Jesus, Messing With Traditions Again - Rusty Peterman
11. Imperfect Churches - Rusty Peterman

Topics:
1. "Church of Christ bloggers help remove Anne Coulter from Harding University Speakers Series"

2. Bloggers wrestle with "Christian Affirmation"

3. "Youth In Action youth rally goes to Hattiesburg, MS for Katrina relief."


A quick note: Hoot Musings bemoans a C of C only award for blogging. I concur, but not enough to change the mo here. One of the reasons I picked a C of C blog award was partly self-depricating (don't we have a history of taking ourselves just a little too seriously?) and partly because there are enough other kinds of blog awards out there.

Technorati tags: , ,

1 comment:

JD said...

Thanks to whomever nominated my yakking about hurricane relief. A note to Chris, though: THe link is to August 2004 - and should be September 2005.

http://remains.blogspot.com/2005_09_01_remains_archive.html

2004 was a pussycat, 2005 was a sabre-toothed tiger.