Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Special lunch

I usually go home for lunch. I did the same today. However, when I arrived home for lunch today, I was greeted with a fire in the fireplace, the nice glassware, and a nice meal. My wife was honoring me. It was a gesture of love and appreciation.

What happened to deserve this great honor? Oh, I am so pumped to share this with you all. I just got word that I am accepted to the University of Minnesota's doctoral program in Family Science. This has been a dream of mine for almost 7 years. September of 2006, that dream comes true.

Yes, I'll be poor and the work will be hard, but I love learning. This is the chance of a lifetime and I am praising God that I get this very special opportunity.

13 comments:

Donna G said...

Yeah! do you have to go to Minnesota or is it a distance program?

Fajita said...

I will gladly and proudly live in Minnesota, my home state. And just so you know, Mark, the rumors of me becoming smart are greatly exaggerated.

AND, I cannot not blog.

Shump said...

That is awsome, we will miss you. After all this time I was just now starting to appreciate you.

David U said...

CONGRATS my brother! AWESOME!
Like Donna, I am curious as to how you will be doing this......moving or online?

Keep us updated,
DU

Fajita said...

Shump, I felt like you were getting too close and that is why I am leaving. :-)

judy thomas said...

Congratulations, Chris. I am sad that you will be so far away--Minnesota seems like a far country.

Karen said...

Well, it's not much farther from me than you are now.... So how long is the program?? Maybe I can reserve a spot on your couch after you graduate.

Fajita said...

It's going to take half a decade to become Dr. Gonzalez. On no, never Dr. Gonzalez. That just doesn't sound right. Fajita. Yeah, that's better.

believingthomas said...

I guess you didn't share the story of peeing on yourself with them? Congratulations!

Intersection of God's will and your dreams. Good stuff.

TCS said...

I guess you didn't share the story of peeing on yourself with them? Congratulations!

Intersection of God's will and your dreams. Good stuff.

Dallasfan said...

Fajita,

Congratulations. I am really happy for you. Does this mean that we will not be able to reap the blessings of your blog until you are done. Then you will be so smart we might not understand you anymore:) Good luck and God Bless.

Mark Cornell

Fajita said...

It's going to take half a decade to become Dr. Gonzalez. On no, never Dr. Gonzalez. That just doesn't sound right. Fajita. Yeah, that's better.

Coping said...

Good for you. Use all you learn to God's glory.