Pages

Friday, January 13, 2006

The Fatal Wound

I am still listening to Switchfoot. Can't get enough of it. Nothing Is Sound Rcoks!!!!! The song I am trying to figure out now is, "The Fatal Wound." I have an idea, but I want to get your take on it. The lyrics are below.


I am the crisis
I am the bitter end
I'm gonna gun this town
I am divided
I am the razor edge
there is no easy now


son of sorrow
staring down forever
with an aching view
disenchanted
lets go down together
with the fatal wound


this is the real thing
no rubber bullets now
this is the final bow
my breath avoids me
my chest is in my head
my stomach's upside down
down


son of sorrow
staring down forever
with an aching view
disenchanted
lets go down together
with the fatal wound
with the fatal wound
with the fatal wound

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dying to self maybe?

Kevin Harper said...

I have four Switchfoot albums and love them all, but the lyrics of this song are disturbing enough that I might not buy it. Christians should not offer art that pictorializes emotional despair of that intensity without at least tantilizing us with hope that could bring someone out of it.

Those are very dark and frightening words that could inspire some disturbed "outcast" teen to do something horrible.

Kevin Harper said...

I have four Switchfoot albums and love them all, but the lyrics of this song are disturbing enough that I might not buy it. Christians should not offer art that pictorializes emotional despair of that intensity without at least tantilizing us with hope that could bring someone out of it.

Those are very dark and frightening words that could inspire some disturbed "outcast" teen to do something horrible.