Pages

Friday, November 18, 2005

Sellout?

"OK, what's with all the ads and crap?" you might be thinking to yourself.

I'll make this short. I have applied to the University of Minnesota graduate school for Family Science. If I am accepted, I will be broke for 4 years while I work toward a doctorate. I will need every single cent available to me in order to survive.

So, when you see an ad on any of my blogs (here is my Christian Parenting blog), think of a click on that ad as a small donation to the "Get Fajita Through College Fund."

So far I have amassed enough revenue for 1 half of 1 tenth of 1 credit hour. So, I am well on my way.

I am also working on another blog devoted only to my series from this blog. Right now, if you are crazy enough to want to read my past series, it would be kind of hard to follow the path through the archives. This blog will consolidate all posts from one series into a single (and very long) post. So each series will be one long post. I have just begun work on it, but I will finish it before year's end.

This is my last post here until after Thanks giving.

Christian parenting will have a post Monday while Successful Stepfamilies will have a post Monday and Wednesday.

2 comments:

Matt Elliott said...

Hey -- I don't know if others are having this same problem or not, but I can't open your page with Internet Explorer. It opens up for a moment then goes to a "page not found" screen. I had to use Firefox to get to you. Might want to check around and make sure those ads aren't messing you up with some readers.

Kelly Vaughn said...

It worked fine for me, and I live in Africa! Maybe you got whatever Matt was talking about fixed...

Congrats on the upcoming PhD pathway...go for it!! I don't mind the ads...never click on them, so I'm not contributing a dime to your college fund, but hey, they don't bother me a bit!

Oh, in regard to the World Vision stuff...I started a "tradition" last year (can we call it tradition if we've only done it once?)...I asked Kelly, in thinking of future years and strugging with materialistic desires of a bunch of teenagers...that she help the kids come up with a special charity of their choice and make a donation in my name and then present it to me as one of my gifts...last year, they contributed to the local children's hospital (my daughter had just had minor surgery there). I heard my wife mention it the other day, so I think the tradition is catching on....I think the WV idea is great! Good lesson for our kids....
-RV