Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Maximum Effect Explained

Click here for the post this one is referring to.
------------------------------------------------
We can't hide. We can talk all we want to about what we believe and who we are. We can talk theology, mission of God, Kingdom, etc. We can blog about it, write about it, talk about it, and communicate about it. We can promote, market, influence, and convince. But we are who we are.

Imperfections will be revealed. It's like this: we can be intentionally honest and transparent and let people see us holistically. Or we can try to conceal our weakness and just hope we don't fart, so to speak. Good luck with that one.

Honesty has a way of finding its way out when we make efforts to keep it in. When that happens, and it does not match what we have shown, it's embarrassing - even humiliating. It doesn't match and everyone notices. And when it's out there, thre is no going back. Blame, humor, "covering your butt" all fail to make a difference when honesty demands its way.

Truth says, "If you will not be honest about me I will be honest about you." Rrrrrrrrrrip!
-------------------------------------------------

On another note, if you are new to my blog, please notice a couple of sidebar lists:
1. Favorite Posts
2. Favotire Series

These will give you a flavor of what this blog is all about.

4 comments:

believingthomas said...

not sure why I find this relevant, but you have an ad for "Black Sermons and Plays
Full text sermons, church plays Over 1000, everything but the whoop"

you've given everything but the poop.

Ok,its time for me to go home.

Fajita said...

Ha, I love it. I don't think I can bring myself to tell a poop story. Oh, but I have one.

Beaner said...

As if I want a FLAVOR of what this blog is about!!!

BTW - my word verification says "fhartnas" - try pronouncing that one - so appropriate!!!

Fajita said...

Ha! my blog has custom word verification. fhartnas - that's good.