Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Dirty Christmas - World Vision

OK, this might be an idea for idiots - which means that there are about 6 of you readers who will love this idea.

Dirty Christmas, if you don't know, goes like this:

1. Everyone brings an anonymous wrapped gift (good gift or lame gift).
2. Put wrapped gifts in the center of the room.
3. Everyone draws a number.
4. Number 1 picks a gift and unwraps it (smiles or groans)
5. Number 2 has an option: pick an unwraped gift or steal #1's gift.
6. This goes on until everyone has one.
7. #1 has the option to steal anyone's gift.
8. After a gift has been stolen 3 times, it is frozen and cannot be stolen again.

OK, now think dirty Christmas with gifts from World Vision. Everyone buys a World Vision gift and puts a card in an envelope indicating the gift you bought. Do not put your name on it - anonymous is good. So, you can bust out with a huge gift to World Vision and no one knows it was you, but you can have a little fun with it.

OK, picture this event happening in your living room. Hear the voices. It might sound something like this:

"Hey man, don't steal my goat!"
"Dude, hand over the fruit trees."
"Yo, I want the chickens. Yes the whole brood."
"Step away from the small business loan and no one gets hurt."
"Hey hone, I've got my eye on that sewing machine that can help a girl stay out of sex trade, but I've already had my turn. Can you steal it with your turn?"

Can you see it? Can you hear it? Charity with an attitude! Yes, a little philanthropic Smack Down, baby.

If anyone does this, I would love to hear about it.

5 comments:

Donna G said...

Great! Now I'm an idiot...

Karen said...

But you're a nice idiot, Donna!! It does sound like a fun idea, though.

Fajita said...

Hey now, I read my own blog and I counted myself as one of te six. So I guess there are only five others out there.

Chris said...

Evidently my village called and said I needed to get back there 'cuz they miss their idiot...

Beaner said...

I refuse to comment on this blog because I am NOT an idiot. Wait....OK...I mean I'm not gonna comment again....unless, of course, I forget.