Pages

Friday, September 30, 2005

Crash

I have the Blockbuster movie by mail thingy because going to the movies feels like getting mugged.

I just saw Crash, the good one, with Sandra Bullock, Don Cheadle, and Matt Dillon. If you can f---ing handle the language (and a couple sex spots), then you have got a good movie to wrestle with. It is everything White Man's Burden and Falling Down wish that they could have been, but didn't have the political or sociological guts to be.

You get a raw feel for the racial tension brewing inside people. Not White people or Black people, or Persian people, but people.

I watched the movie being aware of how people touched each other. Whoa! Try watching with that in mind.

9 comments:

Karen said...

We watched it last night as well. Yeah, the language was rough, but it felt like the most honest and real treatment of the subject of bigotry, racial stereotyping, and fear of those who are "different." It was scary.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Very incredible movie. We probably won't be watching it for movie night, but still. Incredible.

Anonymous said...

I just rented it for tonight. The girl who helped me said that she couldn't take the language - she stopped watching after 5 minutes. Someone else watched it for 30 minutes. I'm gonna give it a try!

Steve said...

Great flick. The language in the movie is probably representative of speech in L.A. I had no problem with the language.

Rick said...

loved crash - or, well, was deeply moved and ticked to be convicted of my own stereotypical... whatever. liked it!

Anonymous said...

Excellent flick.

Justin said...

I had to see Crash for a class at Seattle U. Loved it. We're watching it this weekend for Film & Spirituality (FilmNite.com).

Justin said...

I had to see Crash for a class at Seattle U. Loved it. We're watching it this weekend for Film & Spirituality (FilmNite.com).

Rick said...

loved crash - or, well, was deeply moved and ticked to be convicted of my own stereotypical... whatever. liked it!