Pages

Monday, September 05, 2005

Building Program Put To Good Use

The Storefront Church of Christ in Pineville Louisiana is 80 members strong and is embedded in a small community of about 20,000 people. 2000 refugees from new Orleans are now living in an old Wal-Mart building.

The Storefront C of C has ambitions of building a building. I've blogged about my dislike for building programs before. No time to link. This little church decided to take $30,000 from their building campaign to help with the operations at this shelter.

That's what I'm talking about, baby!!!!!!

God is doing a massive redistribution of resources in the wake of Katrina. Not only is this happening, it is happneing without coersion, guilt or manipulation. This little church is willing to put their building campaign in jeopardy for people who may or may not be Christian, for people they do not know, and for people who may never thanks them.

This is a Jesus church.

4 comments:

Lee Hodges said...

How low will spamers go? Anyway, when you think about it, that money really did go into the building program - the one God wants.

Neal said...

SWEET! Finally a church that gets it.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Praise God! Now that's the kind of story I like hearing!

PS: The story about the man watching his neighbors die was almost more than I could bear. And then I thought about him having to see that picture in his mind at night. Heartbreaking.

believingthomas said...

Chris,
I blogged about seeing what a real church building should look like. I saw one in Ocean Springs this weekend.