Pages

Thursday, August 04, 2005

9 Years

She really liked me and I didn't have to be impressive in all of the usual ways. She didn't play games or put me through tests.

I really liked her and was attracted to her. It was her servant heart that had all the gravity. I didn't have to interpret and translate or "get it" with her.

It was love at third sight, which was really important for me. Love at first sight is usually the indication that I am going to get drunk.

Oh, there was passion, there IS passion, but passion is the servant of fidelity. Passion orbits, but is not orbited.

Our feet are getting calloused and starting to like each other's. We've walked the same roads and we've walked them together. At times we've been hurt, we've been lonely, we've been insecure, but we've been all of these together.

We're slow cooking. Her flavor is getting into me and mine into her.

She's beautiful. From the ways that fade all the way to the ways that don't, she is most beautiful.

I want another 9 years, and I want it about 6 or 7 more times.

4 comments:

Donna G said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a match made in heaven!

David U said...

CONGRATS! As President Benson used to say "Keep on keeping on"!

DU

Keith Brenton said...

May the good Lord continue to give you your heart's desire in each other.

Hugo said...

Many prayers for your continued expression of the love between Jesus and his church. I hope and pray y'all have a million more 9 years, both here and in eternity.

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo