Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Pray For My Father

I am posting from the ICU room where my father lies hooked up to about 6 different machines. He is in a Minnesota hospital. He has respritory failure, congestive heart failure, pneumonia, and various infections. He is not conscious. He has a breathing tube, feeding tube, and loads of antibiotics rushing into his veins.

Please pray.

A little history: My father's health has been poor for a long time. This current situation is not a major surprise. We all (me, my bro & my sis) have known it was only a matter of time before he would hit a major health crisis. However, that fact does not make it any easier now that the day is here.

Right now, we wait. Will he regain the ability to breathe on his own? Will his blood pressure bounce back? Will his irregular heart beat regulate? Was there any brain damage while his oxygen saturation was low for nearly an hour? So many unknowns.

Having to pull out the Health Care Directive he created four years ago was sobering, but necessary.

I'll post more later if I can.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I'm so sorry to hear about your father. As you know, I've been there so my heart goes out to you.
I wish I was there to give you a hug.
LW

paul said...

Sorry to hear what you are going through. I held my mother's hand a few months ago as she passed on. I don't know if she could hear me but I gave her permission to go and talk her through the journey.

I will pray for your father's recovery and for comfort for all of you. Say what you need to say.

Hugo said...

My prayers are with you and your whole family during this time of darkness and uncertainty.

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

Chris and Trellis Phillips said...

We love you and miss you. We called last week and will try agin this week. You are in our hearts and prayers.

Chris and Trellis Phillips said...

We love you and miss you. We called last week and will try agin this week. You are in our hearts and prayers.