Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm going with khaki and black

No news overnight. I'll be to the hospital soon. I will have something more to report then.

When we got word about my father's situation, we left Arkansas from my in-law's house with the clothes on our backs. No coats or toothbrushes. Since we didn't feel like we could afford the 3 hours to get back to home and pack and make it MN the same day, I'm wearing what I wore Friday and everyday since. We've taken a trip to Target to pick up some essentials and my mother's washing machine is getting daily use.

Wearing the same clothes daily is kind of weird, except for the fact that I don't care. Priorities change in the presence of the truly important and truly meaningful. I've though a time or two about the fact that some people wear their same clothes everyday - because they don't have anything else. These people don't have the luxury of ICU medical care. Their ill loved ones would just die without any intervention.

I guess where I am going with this is that I am so grateful for what I have.

No comments: