Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2005

BlogCoCs & 40 Days of Fat

Nomination for the 2005 BlogCoCs (Church of Christ Blog series and topics of the year) are rolling in. Make sure you make your nomination - click here to nominate. Place your nomination in the comment section of the post or e-mail me here. Nomination open until January 6th.

-------------------------------------------------------

40 Days of Fat is launching January 1, 2006. We are exercising, losing weight and raising moeny for World Vision. I would love your participation!!!!!!!!!!!

The current BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) is to buy a farm to serve 10 families. Please join in any way you can. It begins Jan 1. You can begin today. Click here to see the 40 Days of Fat Blog.

10 comments:

Karen said...

How do we get the $$ to you without PayPal?

Fajita said...

Snail mail works for me

2105 Rich Cove
Jonesboro, AR 72401

Wait a minute, money for what?

julie said...

Chris, I told you when we met in October that the 40 days of fat was what drew me to your blog in the first place. I am more broke at this point than I probably ever have been in my whole life but I am going to give this a shot. I already walk 2 miles every day that I am off..so that could add up. I might have to start small with the donation but think of the money I will save on food as I lose. That should free up some cash right there. I will check back in soon with, I hope, a progress report. Thanks for using your creative mind and thinking of something fun and useful in more than one way.

Fajita said...

Julie, I like you. What a heart!!!!!!!

Karen said...

I thought people are pooling the money they earn/pledge by losing... so doesn't it all need to go to one person/place?

Am I making this harder than I should?

Mae said...

BHAG ~~~ are you a systemic therapist? Only other place I've ever heard that term was in marriage and family thereapy program.

Donna G said...

I am thinking about the nomination thing....I am out of town so my brain is on vacation.

I will update my totals on 40DOF-Monday.

Happy New Year.

Fajita said...

Karen (and others),

Yes, if you do not have a paypal account or do not want to use credit card for contributing, then you can send a check made out to WORLD VISION to me and I will get it in to the right place all together with any other checks.

2105 Rich Cove
Jonesboro, AR 72401

Mae said...

BHAG ~~~ are you a systemic therapist? Only other place I've ever heard that term was in marriage and family thereapy program.

Karen said...

How do we get the $$ to you without PayPal?