Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Bacon

Is there anything better than the smell of bacon in the air while lounging during a day off from work and the sound of children (my kids and their cousins) enjoying a day off from school?

Oh yes, this is Christmas vacation. How nice.

God, you are generous and kind. What a treat to get to indulgde in the aroma and sounds of freedom. This must be a little glimpse into the Great Reality that I spend most of my life avoiding. The kingdom is here, in my presence. This little taste is nice. I want to live in this kingdom you speak of, I want to live there on a regular basis.

Teach me to bring this to people who never get a whiff of it. Teach me to be the sounds of joy for someone who hears so much clanging and banging. You didn't keep this joy to yourself, and neither should I.

What I want is for generosity to be natural for me, so that I don't have to try anymore.

Thank-you for your patience.

2 comments:

Donna G said...

Beautiful thoughts, but in my hunger induced stupor I can't get past the smell of bacon....ymmmm!!

JamesG3 said...

Is there anything better than the smell of bacon in the air while lounging during a day off from work and the sound of children (my kids and their cousins) enjoying a day off from school?
If there is, it could not be of this world.