Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Well that does it!

I took this quiz, you see, and it...well, I am exposed. It's not the emergent/postmodern thing that got me, but rather that I am 5 times more classic liberal than I am fundamentalist, and a little more catholic than I am comfortable with. I'm not sure what to make of this.

Really, I don't care because these are labels and I choose them to mean nothing for me. They do not stick.

Anyway, here is my description from the quiz and the breakdown of my scores:

You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern

75%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

71%

Classical Liberal

54%

Neo orthodox

54%

Roman Catholic

39%

Modern Liberal

39%

Charismatic/Pentecostal

36%

Reformed Evangelical

29%

Fundamentalist

11%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

8 comments:

Neal said...

Ha! I created a virtually identical post this morning...I just saved it instead of publishing it. I too, am E/P, but much to my own embarassment...I'm almost three times as fundamentalist as you.

believingthomas said...

Flip number one and two for me. slightly higher on Evangelical Holiness and very close second was Emergent, third was Neo orthodox which I have no idea what that is.

David U said...

Thanksf for providing the link so we can take the test. I just took it and it told me I was the only one going to heaven! Seriously, I will post my results on my blog too. Good idea!

DU

Fajita said...

LOL. Oh, so you're the one, DU.

Steve said...

What cracked me up is my tie for 3rd. I am equally fundamentalist and emergent/post modern. Isn't that the thelogical equivilent of MPD?

Hugo said...

lol! :-) That's how I felt when taking anotehr religion quiz @ beliefnet.org . . . I took this one and actually came out Catholic (finally!) :-)

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

Fajita said...

Geez, you guys are messed up.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Dude--took this from a link on Adam Ellis's blog and scored 96%pomo/emergent. Talk about freaky. Missed you guys this week. Chuck and Laura left this morning. We've had fun. When are you guys planning to head this way? Little inquiring red heads want to know.