Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Achtung Baby

What is the cost of paying attention to something that has no value or something that you do not care about?

What is the cost of doing this frequently?

I have a problem. I am curious and interested in many, many things. That's not the problem. The problem is that I have a hard time getting over my initial fascination with something such that it is eventually discarded. It just lingers in my emotional space. It take up space on my psychological hard drive.

I have a hard time prioritizing what it is that I care about. I think that it is safe to say that I actually care about fewer things than I am interested in. It is also safe to say that I have hard time differentiating between care and interest.

How do you make decisions about what to pay attention to and how do you actually pull it off?

No comments: