Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I am the King Maker

Shortly after I left Arkansas back in the ealry 1990's, former Governor Bill Clinton became president of the United States of America. I moved to Texas.

Shortly after I moved from Texas, former governor George W. Bush became president of the United States of America. I moved to Minnesota.

I lived there only two years and not during an election cycle. I moved to Arkansas.

Shortly after I moved from Arkansas, Mike Huckabee ran for president and began a pre-caucus/primary surge. Mike Hucakabee will be our next president whether you like it or not. Hey, I am not promoting him or trying to make this happen. I just know that this is how presidents are elected.

From what I can tell, presidents are elected not based on policy, personality, or political prowess. No, presidents become preseident because I leave the state they once governed.

To put it another way, when I live somewhere, the governors from the state I am leaving like me so much that when I leave their states, they still want to govern me. Since they can't just become governor of the next state I move to , they decide that the only thing they can do is to become president.

Thus, Mike Huckabee will be the next president of the United States of America.

Oh, about that stint in Minnesota when it was during an off year election cycle. Be very, very glad about that. The governor of Minnesota at the time was Jesse "The Body" Ventura. Had I moved closer to an election year, he would have been president.

1 comment:

Donna G said...

be very very careful before you decide to move again...