Pages

Monday, December 13, 2004

I Hate Satan!

When I see good people get hit with knock out blows, it drives me mad. When I say good people, I mean humble, honest, sincere, genuine people. I know a few of them. They are not out for gain of their own, they give out of their poverty, they believe not just in God, but they believe God. So, when people like this are ambushed with evil, I get mad!!!

I hate Satan, especially when it seems he/she/it (whatever Satan is) is winning. Isn't there anything that can protect people from the rage and viciousness of the Evil One? Just when all the ducks are in a row, Satan shows up in camoflauge and blows them away with a shotgun. Evil enters from a surprise trap door and starts mowing down everything good.
Where is the justice!!!!? Yes, all have sinned and fallen short, but the Comforter has come. The justice that grace provides is the justice I am talking about. Why does Satan have any say so in a person's life who has given himself of herself to God? It makes me want to draw my sword!!!

The only thing I find that is acceptable about these situations is that though these people are beaten, bruised, and burned, they are not buried (at least their spirit is not buried). There is something inside them that, through the tears, fear, pain, and anxiety, they get back up. How do they do it?

I have to believe that God looks in their hearts and knows something that even they do not know. Or maybe God is not so much looking into their heart as much as He is looking out from it, since He's taken up a steady residence there.

I believe that God takes everything Satan does and stands on top of it, ending in God being exalted all the more. I like it when God is exalted. My problem comes before the exalted part. Perhaps my faith is so small that I get swept up in the moment, feeling helpless at the carnage to really have the confidence that something good is going to happen.

I believe; help my unbelief.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate Satan also. Keep fighting-
"Resist the Devil and he will flee from you."
Satan is nothing- just a piece of garbage that God has already defeated!!