Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Pilgrim of Worship: An Introduction

Update: Be # 30,000 and win one of my award winning - er, uhm, a copy of my book.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I grew up going to church. I was baptized as a fetus (my mother was pregnant with me during her baptism). I was later baptized at age 13. I have gone to church all my life. I have gone to Churches of Christ all my life.

Never in my entire 35 years have I been without music by which to worship. Worship is a word in my native tongue - it might be my native tongue. I love to worship. I love to sing. I love to give thanks. I love to appreciate.

Now, this worship pilgrimage has taken quite a few twists and turns over the years. There have been times when I felt dry as desert bone and other times when I felt like I was entering the throne room of God. I have felt humbled with some moments of worship and scandalous with others.

I was challeneged 5 years ago to construct my pilgrimage of worship by a good friend named John Ogren (who really should be blogging). I never did take up his challenge. Now that I have a blog, I am going to do it.

The next few posts will be my journey of worship.

9 comments:

Beaner said...

I'm interested int the baptism as a fetus. {If CoC moms have a water birth, does that count as a baptism? It's full emersion, right?} ;)

Fajita said...

LOL! Beaner, you crack me up.

Ah, yes, I recall the womb. It was warm and comfy.

Here's the thing about water birth, although it is full immersion, it is still infant baptism and clearly a violation of the laws of God. So, as the foremost expert on fetal baptism, I feel confident to speak on infant full immersion baptism as well. It is not OK and rebaptsim is necessary for salvation AND it is probably necessary that a coming forward and publicly confession and repenting the sin of infant baptism is necessary or the rebaptism won't take.

Beaner said...

LOL!!!

Donna G said...

Looking forward to your journey...

Donna G said...

Not quite # 30,000...

Look, if we have to look at all these ads could you kill the word verification?? My last one was qxylvuxxjrnmopqtz.....or something like that!!

I took mine off, I don't get spam!

k2 said...

i so agree with you on worship! oh how i love to sing God's praises. i enjoy working in the a/v booth, but that first sunday when i am 'released' and able to worship wholely is AWESOME! i miss being able to sing and worship while in the booth. (now don't get me wrong here with this comment) however, i get so many complements when i work the sound booth. the congregation asks, "i don't what it is you do back there, but it sure sounds good when you work the booth." what am i to do with that? do i sacrifice my worship to help others in theirs?

thanks for the post, fajita!

Bek said...

looking forward to it. worship is one of my favorite things in the whole world.

Mark Elrod said...

You are absolutely right; John Ogren should be blogging.

Actually, I thought he was at one point; maybe I just saw his name on a post somewhere.

Bek said...

looking forward to it. worship is one of my favorite things in the whole world.